Home   The Club   The Course   Visitors   Professional   Diary   Academy   Members Login
The Club

underlineLarge.png

new-logo-2-w150.png

Tenterden Golf Club was originally the idea of a small group of local businessmen and local farmers who laid out a 9 hole course at Leigh Green, Tenterden, back in 1905, over land formally occupied by a hop farm. The club moved to its present current site after the First World War in 1920 when the popularity and demands upon the club became apparent. The current site was quite rightly considered to be a more suitable location resulting in the current glorious setting being available for everyone to enjoy.

In 1991 the  purchase of additional land allowed the club to establish the current layout, when the new 18 hole course was opened by Peter McEvoy, arguably the most successful amateur golfer this country has ever produced.

Over the years the members of Tenterden Golf Club have built a reputation throughout the County for being a very friendly Club. Tenterden members play competitive golf too with active men's, ladies veteran's and Junior sections competing in Kent and National league and knockout competitions.